Mikey is a month and a half away from turning three years old. My heart is broken and longing for another addition to our family. Not only do I want to love and nurture a baby, rocking him to sleep, running to every cry; I want a baby more than ever for my son.
How long can he be entertained by his Mother and Uncles? Not too much longer. Spring is nearing and children around the neighborhood are coming out of their homes to play outside. Wally watches and watches longing to be with them and hoping for an invitation. No one invites or lets him join them. Now is the time I wish we wouldn’t have waited so long, he was ready long ago, but I wasn’t. I should have just pushed us a side and listened to my son’s heart bleeding out to me for a sister.
Mikey has his little hopes set on a baby sister. Endlessly asking for a sister I know he just needs a friend. Can I provide that for him, I hope and I hope not as long as it took me to give myself him. 5 years, way too long to wait and spaced way too far. Please oh please, answer my son’s prayers and send us another angel to love in our Almond cluster.
2 comments:
You know I have siblings much, much younger than me. And though we have a different relationship than those I'm closer in age to - they are all still my little brothers & sisters. Wally will never think "gee, if only we'd been closer in age." He'll know it's great to have a sibling no matter what! Smile, it'll all work out! :)
I will definately keep you guys in my prayers :) Baby blessings will come your way!
Post a Comment