Saturday, February 7, 2009

Silly Things

Wally is quite the character and the more he talks the funnier he gets. He has a wild imagination for being a “lonely” child. There are times where I just watch him play and laugh to myself, what a boy. My favorite is when he throws himself on the floor and starts screaming help, help I’m stuck.

His passion is planes trains and automobiles. Whenever he hears a plane or a train he’ll stop whatever he’s doing and try to find it as he listens very carefully. Since we live pretty close to Camp Williams we get a few jets that fly by daily in packs of 4+. He hears them and looks up: “Look Mom planes.” Yes baby, those are planes. That’s my boy.

Even when we’re in the car he’ll look out the window and see the diesels driving by. He’ll look at them with excitement and yell, “Mom, it’s Mack.” Every big truck he sees is Mack. He’ll smile and wave and get excited to see the next one we pass.

He says the funniest things to me all hours of the day/night. One morning I was getting him ready to go to the sitter’s. I was taking his diaper off when he farted a little bit and told me, “I farted in the butt.” I couldn’t help but laugh and say you farted where, he replied again with “in the butt.”

When he watches Horton Hears a Who (a favorite lately) he tells me he wants a speck, I reply we can look for a speck when the snow melts. Not really sure what I just told him, he says when the snow melts I get a speck? Yes, we can look when the snow melts. He then asks if we can go to the “speck store”. A Speck store, where’s the Speck store? It’s by the Grandpa store. There you have it; we have a store for everything from Specks to Grandpas.

He’s definitely a boy, he builds huts and climbs on top of things, and he jumps off anything he can climb, he plays with cars and is amazed by them. He loves to wrestle, so beware of lying on the floor at my house; he will run and jump on you. He may be the next Rock. He would rather be outside come rain or shine. He will wake up in the morning and the first thing he will do is get his shoes to go outside right away – there’s no time to wait. His favorite drink is cocoa (chocolate milk.) He eats PB and J sandwiches every day. He smiles and laughs all the time. He loves to watch movies – or should I say I put on multiple movies throughout the night and he only watches 5 minutes tops. I’m fine with him not watching TV, it’s better for me to see him running around with his toys using his brain than brainlessly watching TV.

He has a girlfriend at daycare named Sissy, and he loves to play with her each day. When I pick him up he tells me how much has had with Sissy and he wants to play some more.

He found a box of old junk in the basement we planned on giving to the DI; he took out 2 stuffed Tweedy Birds and has packed them around everywhere. He will put them on the back of his big wheel and say “Sweety” is going to work. He’ll put them in his bed and cover them up and close his door, “shh, Sweety is taking a nap.”

There you have it, pieces of my son’s life and the joy he brings.







3 comments:

Nathan said...

He is definitely a funny little guy, and I love all the stories.

Julie said...

I can't wait to have my own little boy!!!

Dillon and Aubrey Hickok said...

Hey i thought i was his girlfriend! lol! He is the cutest little boy i just enjoy him when ever he comes over!