Saturday night we decided to cruise around Cabellas for fun. I've never been, Mike and his family are out door freaks. Okay, not freaks, but any chance Cherie gets to go camping or tubing she's there. It's great to have a family that's really active instead of just sitting around. Before I we left, I asked if I should bring the camera and Mike said no, so I have no pictures (I wish I did though.)
It's a great place and there is tons of things that I would just love to buy, a little too expensive and there are many other places to go that are cheaper. Anyways, I saw a camping chair that rocks!!! I LOVE rocking chairs! Maybe later down the road we can pick one up. It will be nice to have it so I can rock Mikey to sleep at night. I rock him every night so why stop when we go camping?
Mikey loved looking around at all the amazing animals, while Mike checked out the guns with Tyler. Cherie picked up a welcoming sign that said something like Welcome to the Nut house. It's great because our last name is Almond!! Kind of cheesy I know, but I really liked it. I need to get me something cute for our front door other than a huge Richmond Homes door matt. I do not want to advertise for them, but it's such a nice matt and we got it for free. (I HATE Richmond Homes more than anything!)
Closer to the end of the night Mikey got grumpy and couldn't sit still in his stroller and somehow managed to convince Grandpa Mike to pick him up and carry him around nonstop. Mikey just loves his Grandpa, why not, he crumbles just at the site of him.
Mike's Dad (Grandpa) is an amazing man! Very tall and intimidating, but the most gentle and sweet man you will ever meet. We got a few pictures of him with Mikey over the weekend that I will need to post, if I ever get a quick chance to download and save them.
Not much to say about our adventure of the weekend, but I hope Mike had a good weekend at least for it being Father's Day and all. I feel bad that I wasn't able to do anything for him, but he understands (our agreement). I'll have to make it up to him for his birthday in November. That's if he'll let me, he takes care of all the finances and I don't want to step on that.
Mike is a GREAT husband and father. Mikey just looks up to his Dad and loves to be around him. Lately that's all he wants to do is be held by Grandpa and Dad. That's okay, it gives me a little break, but boy do I miss him. I know he's right there, but I just want to grab him and keep him all to myself. Selfish Mom aren't I? That's okay, he's my son and I can spoil him if I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment