My baby just had his first day of preschool. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot he kept telling me he didn’t want to go to school and that he wanted to stay home with me. As hard as it was I had to explain that I would love to stay home with him more than anything, but I have to work and he needs to go to school to learn and be with friends. I slipped him out of his car seat and onto the grass, he started crying and I almost started crying. Holding myself together he cried all the way to his classroom. He stopped when we walked in to meet one of his new teachers. She was wonderful, all the girls there are just wonderful and the transition of me dropping him off at preschool went pretty smooth.
I worried about him all day long wondering how he enjoyed his first day. Five slowly crept around the corner and raced to the in-laws to pick him up. He was happy and smiling. Grandma assured me he was a wonderful boy today and had a great time. He talked all night long about school and how he’s going to go back tomorrow. Awe, relief.
I know most Mother’s would have taken a billion pictures of their child’s first day of school, but I did not. I brought the camera with me and wanted to take pictures, but I know my son and he hates pictures. I figured today was not a day to take pictures, I will get them tomorrow.
Thinking today would be much easier than yesterday, I was wrong. We pulled up, I tried to take some pictures, but my baby wasn’t happy and no smiles at all. I put the camera away and we walked hand in hand to class. We were met by a happy teacher. My baby stuck to me like glue and wouldn’t leave my side and instead wrapped his little arms around my leg. Oh no, please don’t do this. I tried hard to ensure him he will have fun like yesterday. I stayed for as long as I could, but had to leave to work. I got up and he started crying, I mean really crying. Miss Amy grabbed him and tried to settle him down as I dashed out the door leaving my baby in tears. So hard to do, what I am I doing to this poor kid.
I arrived at work and received and voicemail from Miss Amy telling me he was fine and having a wonderful time. It was a great vm to receive, he’s just fine.
I miss him terribly. I know I’ve worked his whole life and should be used of leaving him in the care of someone else, but it’s hard. Every day I wonder what he’s doing. School is new for him so I worry even more.
1 comment:
He's getting so big! Preschool :) Becks I totally miss you and wish I could see you preggers!
Post a Comment