Friday, September 26, 2008

Day Three: Disaster…

(I’m sparing the details)

I thought the day started off well, but then I get to work and it just went downhill from there. It was a long and slow day, I swear time stood still for about an hour, or at least it felt like it. I was anxious to get home to see the Spouse and Wally, hoping that would change the day around.

Picked up Wally and he was in such a good mood, just made me laugh. Oh how I miss being with him. Spouse got off work early, so it would have been nice to see him when I walked in the house, but he was on the computer. That’s okay, I needed to get some gardening done anyways and Wally wanted to go out and play.

I pulled up all of our crook neck squash (not so tasty) and a few of the orange peppers that weren’t growing so well. Planted some strawberry starters for next year and added a bunch of dirt to the area to help the water drain away from the house. Wally grew bored of being outside and wanted to watch Shrek. Wally and I headed into the house and the Spouse went on to mow the front lawn.

Anyways, being at home wasn’t such a bad thing . . . yet. After we picked up some dinner and got Wally ready for bed, Mike noticed something all over his computer screen (yes the computer is still in Wally’s room). Mike was raging with anger, furious and ready to kill; Wally drew all over the monitor with a permanent marker. Yes, you read it correct, PERMANENT MARKER! It’s totally permanent. The Spouse spent an hour or so with the rubbing the alcohol trying to get it off.

Doesn’t sound so bad right? Well the part you don’t know or need to hear would burn your ears, it burns mine just thinking about it. Besides, this is my private life and this is my outlet, but there are some of you who just don’t need to know that side. So for your sake we’ll pretend it ended with trying to get the marker off of the monitor.

Have a nice night and pleasant dreams, I will see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

what happened? I know its your private life and all but you can't leave the story with a cliff hanger like that! :) Okay, maybe you can... darn rascal!

trublubyu said...

sooo sorry to hear about your bad day. i hope you have a great weekend.

and just to let you know, i know that you are one of chris's very people at work. if that helps...