So I just dropped off the Beast at the in-laws and picked up their Altima. Talk about a peppy car to drive. It's really nice, but it's no Beast. I haven't drove a car in 4 years, so it was a little strange and low to the ground, not that the Jeep is very high. This car does not accommodate a smaller person. I have to scoot the seat up, so I can actually reach the pedals; it makes me feel like my face is right up next to the steering wheel. I tell you if I got in an accident and the air bags deployed I would be so dead, it would hit me right in the face. I'm sure you as well as I am thinking well scoot back the seat further. Ok, no, I really can't, my feet won't reach. That is why I love my Beast so very much, until I get my fancy Lexus 350. My Beast fits my driving ways just fine. I can actually reach the pedals and not sit too close to the steering wheel. The fact that I can't really reach the radio controls on the dash board doesn't bother me, because they have more controls on the back of the steering wheel.
The Beast can be peppy at times too, it just depends on his mood that day. There have been times his peppiness and V8 engine have come in pretty handy. After a good night out at Shogun and Mike in a really good mood trying to make our way home late at night find ourselves surrounded by racers around that time. Mike will look over and there will be a Mustang, Civic, Integra or some type of done up car racing each other. "I wish I had the Civic right now, I'd show them," Mike would reply to the cars speeding past. Gripping his had to the wheel and changing the station to the radio to find something a little more harder and louder he speeds up. "Just cause this isn't all done up doesn't mean I can't beat them." Yeah, Mike has joined the race! Weaving in and out of lanes we pass them up in no time. He slows down, checks his mirrors to see how far behind they are. Once they start catching up he puts a little more into the gas and away we go!
(Don't get me wrong, Mike is a careful driver and would never put the life of Mikey or myself in danger. This is on a rare occasion that he has his fun with me in the car.)
Why do I have the in-laws car and they have mine?
Well it's the 4th of July weekend and we are going camping! Mike and I have a Jeep that pulls a trailer, the rest of the family drive cars. We let them use the Jeep to pull the trailer up and reserve a camping site, in trade I drive the Altima.
This weekend is going to be great! I am really excited for a 3 day weekend in the middle of nowhere. Ok, so it's not really nowhere, just Ogden Canyon, but it's going to be so much fun. It will be Cherie, Mike, Mikey and I for a few days and the rest of the family should show up on the 4th for some tubing down the river. Which reminds me, I really need to pump up our new tubes to see if they will work. They are actually quite big and if I can't reach the sides, there is no way to control it in the river. I also need to buy water shoes. Bonnie's sandals are great and all, but it's best to have water shoes. I just hope I can find my size, which I have had no luck in doing yet.
Now that I've posted this long boring blog, I better go change the water and let Wall-E :) go to bed, it's way past his bedtime and I've blogged all night anyways.
I'll post pictures of our camping adventure later (if I remember and download them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment